We seek an experienced, passionate, and highly motivated Director of Net Ops/Systems Administration based in Stamford, CT
to oversee and scale all aspects of company’s technology infrastructure in the cloud and in physical co-lo datacenters.
This role will lead all aspects of infrastructure & network design, systems availability, real-time monitoring and alerting,
scalability, business continuity, monitoring and capacity planning using methodologies that insure change management
and metrics inform management and continued management of the infrastructure and oversight of its implementation on a day-to-day basis.
S/he will be a highly visible technology leader that will inspire others with clear and pragmatic direction that’s considerate of both client needs and budget forecasts.
This person will be key member of the technology team working closely with the EVP of Technology and other technology management
as well as other management personal including the CEO, COO, head of product management and related teams to drive scalable and
predictable delivery and maintenance of new and existing platforms, applications and research/data science solutions.
This “technology operator” must be committed to performance, results, and operational excellence. More tactically,
s/he will have a disciplined metric oriented approach to measuring process output and “keeping the trains running on time”.
This position will initially report to the EVP of Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in Enterprise Production Unix/Linux System Administration, mostly with Ubuntu LTS
- Strong understanding of Linux Kernel
- Experience administering and scaling UNIX System V IPC including TCP/IP, UDP, MMAP
- Understanding of application stacks; e.g. LAMP.
- 2 years of experience with High Availability, Load Balancing, Clustering, Raid, LVM, & Other volume managers
- Shell Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, PHP)
- Solid understanding of programming and software development to the level necessary to interface with and guide software development groups from a systems and infrastructure perspective
- MySQL database installation and administration skills including real-time replication and backups.
- Administering caching technologies (Redis, memcache, Cloudflare, Akamai)
- Search technologies (Sphinx, Lucene, SOLR, etc.)
- (plus) Working technical knowledge of protocols such as JDBC, XML, LDAP, SQL, SMTP, and IP
- Performance tuning
- System monitoring, alerts and penetration tests
- Strong understanding and experience in Networking internals and protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP/DNS)
- Strong involvement in configuring Routers (SonicWall, Cisco or similar)
- Experience with F5 Networks BIGIP LTMs
- Experience with Dell Managed Switches, CISCO ASA and Brocade/Foundry SuperX switches.
- Managing VIPs
- Understanding core network infrastructures
- Enterprise SAN including hardware, software, RAID, iSCSI, and other storage technologies
- Manage recruitment of additional FTE and contractors as needed to achieve roadmap in a timely manner
- Ensure optimal application of technology resources to meet technology and product requirements, per the product roadmap and agile process documentation
- Choose platform and architecture for prototypes and projects and provide cost effective solutions
- Own tech related operational and capital expenditure budgets as it relates to infrastructure
- Bachelor’s / Masters Degree(s) in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical area
- Experience working teams in an aggressive, Agile environment
- Demonstrated track record of successfully hiring, motivating and retaining talented technology teams
- Experience building infrastructure supporting big data applications utilizing Hadoop and related NoSQL technologies; Open Source and relational database expertise (MySQL and Postgres); Scala framework expertise.
- Systems Architecture experience including UNIX System V Interprocess Communications, multi-process, multi-threaded applications leveraging multiple technology stacks in several locations
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in a start-up or highly entrepreneurial environment preferred
- Experience architecting in ad-tech/digital media space; infrastructure availability and scalability expert
- Proven ability in building scalable technology infrastructure to support business growth
- Ensure adherence to planning and change management best practices
- Ensure approaches are documented and evaluated for feasibility as well as shared and understood by others
- Viable options for designing and deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment, team input and the customer’s best interest
- New technologies that push the boundaries and capabilities of design and provide insight on applying these into our product offering that are extensible
- Systems and network infrastructure and design specifications maintaining a “common sense” approach to address potential design gaps and provide insight into closing them
- Documentation ensuring there are multiple infrastructure subject matter experts
- Cross functional collaborative teams (that extend beyond infrastructure) to support and evaluate proposed solutions from concept through post release.
- Establish a formal, continual improvement of infrastructure configuration management process
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures; Review infrastructure for potential performance issues,
implementation flaws, and/or anomalies
- Participate in training and / or customer support activities as needed
- Smart and excited about teaching & learning in a dynamic work environment
- Self-motivated, highly collaborative and can thrive in a startup
- Fun to work with
- Fundamentally excited about the opportunity to reshape an industry!
Tru Optik offers a competitive benefits package including subsidized healthcare, 401k match, office snacks, and a flexible approach to vacations and time off.
Tru Optik is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tru Optik is the leading data management, campaign measurement and marketing attribution provider across OTT, Connected TV and streaming audio.
We power the audience-based advertising capabilities of many of the world's largest media companies, technology platforms and marketers
on everything from smart TVs to smart speakers and everything in between. As one of the fastest growing SaaS/DaaS companies in the US,
Tru Optik is one of the driving forces behind the evolution of media and advertising.
Submit a completed resume and cover letter